Heathrow Terminal 4BIRD SPIKES TO EXCLUDE FERAL PIGEONS
PROBLEM: Prevention of feral pigeons from roosting on refurbished steel frame work at arrivals entrance.
Feral pigeons were roosting throughout the length of the canopy entrance at Heathrow Terminal 4.
Bird netting was ruled out as it would not have blended in with the tubular steel frame work.
SOLUTION: Installation of stainless steel pigeon spiking.
It took two kilometers of stainless steel pigeon spiking to proof all the tubular steel horizontals and the RSJ beams at T4. A specialised high tack silicone adhesive was used to prevent any spike strips becoming dislodged.
We could only work at night while the terminal was quiet. The terminal has since been revamped and no longer looks like this.
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent