Pest Birds – House Sparrow
House Sparrow numbers have declined drastically over the past decades and are on the red list. Birdteq recommends that proofing measures are only necessary where there is bird dropping contamination risks to food stuffs or products. Small gauge bird netting is commonly installed under loading bay canopy roofs or inside warehouses where the birds nest on high level beams. House Sparrows nesting under roof eaves would not necessarily be deemed a requirement for proofing measures. Retaining as much of it’s nesting habitat as possible is important this species needs all the help it can get.
The house sparrow follows a very distinct breeding pattern, which starts in early April with the male building his nest out of twigs, moss and other garden materials. Once the nest is built, he can then go and find a breeding partner.
Four to six eggs are laid and will hatch after 11 to 14 days of incubation, which is taken on solely by the hen. The chicks will fledge after 15 days and will remain in their parents care for a further month or so. House sparrows will typically have 2 or 3 broods per year and can continue to breed as late as September.
Any form of bird deterrent can only be installed once nesting is completed.
House Martins and Swifts can also nest in warehouses and under roof canopies, small gauge bird netting installations will prevent these birds from causing contamination to products.
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent
- Bird Mesh Proofing
- Bird Nest Deterrent
- Bird Scarers -Agrilaser laser scarer