Pest Birds – Starling
Starlings flock in large numbers (a murmuration) throughout most of the year. Like the House Sparrow, their numbers have been declining these past decades and are on the red list.
Birdteq installs bird deterrent systems to deter flocking starlings where they may cause guano contamination in urban areas, which could affect buildings, structures or even walkways. Our services have also been called upon to carry out guano clearances from roosting birds.
Starlings usually lay 4-6 eggs in mid-April. All birds within a colony start to lay eggs within a few days. The female does the majority of the incubation – the chicks hatch 12 days later. The young fledge when about three weeks old and are fed for a week or two until they are independent.
Any proofing measures can not be implemented until the chicks have left the nest.
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent
- Bird Mesh Proofing
- Bird Nest Deterrent
- Bird Scarers -Agrilaser laser scarer