Bird Deterrent Gel
Bird deterrent gel (also called bird fire gel) is an effective product to deter birds from buildings and structures that are used for perching. It is not recommended for use where birds are nesting and is not practical for installation to large areas. Despite these drawbacks, bird deterrent gel is still an excellent form of bird repellent, especially when installed as a pigeon deterrent. It is also successful as a seagull deterrent and Birdteq have applied this system for use with all manner of birds with great success.
The most commonly used bird deterrent gel product currently used is called Ornaway.
Bird fire gel repels birds by way of combining visual and olfactory (smell) effects. Birds are deterred from landing on the structure. The gel is non toxic or harmful to birds and birds do not have to contact the gel for it to be effective.
Birdteq typically install this product against rooks that have caused damage to wooden window sills, feral pigeons on balconies and gulls on dormer roofs. In the right situations we use this product as a stand alone bird deterrent system, but at times also find it beneficial to incorporate it with other proofing systems: such as with netting installation. For example, at times we have installed anti bird netting to roofs and incorporated bird deterrent gel by installing it to string courses and window ledges, or even parapets.
- Non-toxic visual & olfactory bird repellent gel for protecting structures
- Effective against all bird infestations at all levels of bird pressure
- Low profile solution, hard to see from the ground
- Supplied in 250g tubes with 15 dishes per tubes
- Dishes accommodate window clips and gutter clips
Contact us today on 01823 669165 to request an installation quote on your premises or for advice on any of our bird deterrent solutions.
Ornaway™ Bird Fire Gel is a novel, highly effective yet discrete bird deterrent, for use on buildings and other structures. The gel combines potent visual and olfactory (sense of smell) effects, which deter pest birds from landing on the structure. The gel is non toxic or harmful to birds, and birds do not have to contact the gel for it to be effective. Once properly installed, the product remains effective for at least two years, even in harsh climates and is an excellent product as a pigeon deterrent gel.
The gel is applied in UV stabilised, low-profile dishes that are supplied with the product. Once installed, the dishes are usually invisible from ground level, so do not detract from the visual appearance of buildings. On narrow structures (e.g. < 30 cm width or 12 inches), one row of dishes will usually be sufficient.
Ornaway™ gel may be applied to almost any solid structure on which pest birds roost, including ledges, girders, beam, parapets, flat roofs and other structures. It may be used in exposed open-air locations such as building facades or pylons, or in partially enclosed areas such as railway stations. The product will not run, so dishes may be applied to sloping surfaces. It can be used as a cost-effective seagull and pigeon deterrent gel.
Benefits of Bird Deterrent Gel
- Non toxic
- Low profile solution
- Dishes can be fitted with special clips to gutters
- Dishes can come with magnets for metal substrates
- Does not contain polybutene
- Developed and manufactured in the UK
- Formulated with gels that meet European Pharmacopoeia standards
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent
- Bird Mesh Proofing
- Bird Nest Deterrent
- Bird Scarers -Agrilaser laser scarer