Bird Deterrent Spikes
Bird prevention spikes are designed in general for deterring pest birds from perching or landing on any surface. They create a surface that is less appealing for perching and nesting thus discouraging birds from roosting.
Anti bird spikes are bird deterrent spikes that come in a variety of sizes, for small, medium or large birds such as house sparrows, pigeons and gulls. Although, pigeon spikes are the most commonly used, seagull spikes are also a common type of bird prevention spikes. Pigeon deterrent spikes are smaller in height and come on a variety of widths to protect narrow and wide ledges.
Birdteq has tried and tested many different types of bird spike. For reliability, we only use manufacturers that have the best designed and durable spikes.
Anti pigeon spikes and gull spikes consist of stainless steel flatten edged prongs fitted to a UV stabilised clear plastic base. Plastic bird spikes are also available, where all the spiking parts are plastic, these are cheaper but are prone to break.
Varying width gauges are available to proof narrow and wide areas, including ledges, window sills, signage, pipe work or roof ridges. Gutters and window frames can also be proofed with the use of specially designed plastic clips. The spikes are usually glued in to position with a specific bird spike adhesive, although they can also be fixed in place with screws. We only ever use stainless steel bird spikes, there are plastic ones on the market but over time birds tend to snap them as they try to land.
Specially used for areas of heavy pest bird activity, a bird spike installation can applied to any substrate, even sandstone.
Bird spiking can be used in conjunction with bird control netting and can particularly be of use with seagull netting, along leading edges. Anti pigeon netting on roofs can also be aided by installing bird spiking to guttering.
Correctly fitted spiking will last for years and protect your business premises from the side effects of roosting birds.
Our effective Birdteq PLUS system gives the customer few extra points:
- Adaptable – Protect all areas, such as ledges, sills, chimneys and gutters, from pigeons or gulls attempting to roost or nest.
- Environmentally friendly – Pest birds can not perch after a bird spiking systems are installed and they do not harm them.
- Longevity – Metal spikes are made of stainless steal which do not rust and can deter pest birds with years.
- Specialist teams – Like all or bird proofing systems, our Birdteq PLUS are installed by highly trained technicians, who are experts in the field of bird proofing. All the works are carried out in the highest standards.
For more Birdteq bird spiking projects you can read here.
Contact Us Today on 01823 669165 To Discuss your Bird Spike Requirements.
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent
- Bird Mesh Proofing
- Bird Nest Deterrent
- Bird Scarers -Agrilaser laser scarer