Bird Fouling Removal
Bird Fouling Removal
As well as specialising in the installation of bird deterrent and bird proofing systems, Birdteq also specialise in bird fouling removal, old nest removal and site decontamination. We have experience in large bird waste removal work which has involved clearing old warehouses and smaller jobs such as pigeon guano removal from balconies and attics. By far, pigeon dropping removal makes up most of our decontamination work.
Our decontamination teams can handle the toughest jobs in all manner of scenarios. It’s dirty work and due to the health hazards of clearing bird droppings, full PPE has to be worn.
Bird fouling, also known as bird guano is hazardous to humans and can cause a wide range of diseases through breathing in the dust from droppings to drinking contaminated water from unsealed loft water tanks.
Certain insect species live amongst bird nests and guano, these include biting insects such as bird fleas, mites and textile pest insects including clothes moths and carpet beetles.
Associated issues from contamination-
- Defacing of buildings and other urban structures
- Erosion of soft stonework from acidic droppings
- Health hazards
- Slip hazards along walkways
- Food and packaging contamination in factories, shops and restaurants
- Rain water leaks from blocked roof drainage outlets
- Insect infestations from pests living in bird nests and guano such as bird fleas, mites and clothes moths
Birdteq’s bird fouling removal service is carried out professionally, safely and in accordance to health and safety regulations to prevent spread of disease to our staff and the public. The risk of injury must also be considered, accumulating bird guano can cause wooden floors to rot. As with all our jobs, method statements and risk assessments are completed prior to commencement of works.
Our Method of Guano removal –
- Contaminated areas are cordoned off
- Birdteq decontamination teams where full ppe
- Biocide spray is applied to contaminated areas to kill allpathogins
- Guano is removed and placed into heavy duty rubble bags which are cable tied
- Contaminated waste articles are decontaminated with biocide spray, cleaned and removed
- A second biocide spray is applied to cleared surfaces
- Guano staining is removed with specialised cleaning solutions
- All bagged guano waste and waste articles are removed via a licensed waste management carrier
- The now decontaminated area or site will be inspected by the Birdteq team supervisor who fills out a Site Safety Certificate detailing the completion of our decontamination works.
- Any planned proofing works are carried out.
Contact us today to discuss your bird or pigeon dropping removal on your premises. Our dedicated team are happy to assess your needs and develop a decontamination plan that suits your needs with minimum disruption to building or business activities. Tel: 01823 669165
Birdteq Pest Bird Proofing Solutions
Birdteq are specialists in bird management and bird prevention, our bird control services include-
- Avian Pest Control -pigeon control, gull control
- Bird Control Devices -pigeon deterrent devices, gulls, Starlings, House Sparrows
- Bird Waste Removal or Fouling Removal / Guano Removal
- Bird Proofing -pigeon proofing, gull proofing, Starling and House Sparrow proofing
- Solar Panel Bird Proofing
- Certified Installers of the Agrilaser -bird scaring laser device
- Security Netting and Contraband Netting Installers
Birdteq’s bird pest control services are aimed towards the commercial sector, providing bird proofing solutions installing bird deterrent systems and devices.
These bird prevention solutions include-
- Anti Bird Netting / Bird Control Netting (all species)
- Gull Netting
- Pigeon Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Seagull Spikes
- Pigeon Spikes
- Bird Wire
- Pigeon Wire
- Bird Repellent
- Pigeon Repellent
- Seagull Repellent
- Pigeon Deterrent Gel
- Bird Scarers -electric bird scarer (Avishock)
- Solar Panel Bird Deterrent
- Bird Mesh Proofing
- Bird Nest Deterrent
- Bird Scarers -Agrilaser laser scarer